This Mardi Gras cookie recipe is not only delicious but eye-catching. If you are thinking about having your own Mardi Gras party this year I have a few delicious dessert recipes for your spread. This holiday will be celebrated the day after Valentine’s Day this year.
Add these other recipes to your gathering.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links‘. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Jubilant Mardi Gras Cookie Recipe
- 1 medium round scooper
- 2 cookie sheets
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the cookie sheet switch parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powder sugar, egg, and rum extract until combined.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and baking powder until combined.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet until a dough forms.
- Using the scooper, scoop out some dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Gently press the dough down into a thick mound.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown around the edge.
- Allow to cool completely .
Rum Frosting Instructions
- Using the standing mixer again, beat all frosting ingredients together until smooth and stiff.
- Scoop some frosting out onto the cookies and gently spread evenly .
- Decorate the top of the cookies with the sanding sugar sprinkles.
- Allow the frosting to set before enjoying!
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.