Valentines Day is just two and a half weeks away. Enjoy making these red velvet oreo mini cheesecakes. They are not only delicious but will add love to your table spread. There is just something about the POP of red that this holiday color brings to the table.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links’. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Tastefully Stunning Red Velvet Oreo Mini Cheesecakes
Red Velvet Cheesecake Ingredients
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Using a food processor, blend up the oreo cookies and the melted butter until combined and wet sand like.
- Set aside.
- Line a cupcake pan with white cupcake liners.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the crust into the cupcake liners.
- Using a flat bottomed cup or measuring cup, press the crust down firmly.
- Set aside.
Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and cocoa until combined.
- Beat in the vanilla until combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Beat in the Red Gel Food coloring until combined.
- Fold in the chopped oreos.
- Scoop about 1 ½ tbsp of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until the top is firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, place in the fridge overnight.
- Using a small saucepan, heat up the heavy whipping cream to a slow simmer.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a medium bowl and pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips.
- Allow to sit for a minute before whisking until smooth.
- Spoon on about 1 ½ tbsp of the ganache onto the cheesecakes and smooth evenly.
- Allow to harden in the fridge.
Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Using a standing mixer, beat the ingredients for the whipped cream together until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the whipped cream into the piping bag.
- Pipe dollops of whipped cream onto the top of the cheesecake and top with mini chocolate chips and a mini Oreo.
Do You Use Walmart Pick-up or Delivery?
During this pandemic, the only positive I have found is Walmart pick-up. We are a small town and do not have the option of delivery. I am going to share with you my pros and cons of Walmart pickup that I have found.
- When shopping online with Walmart pick-up I am able to make sure I am not overspending on needless items.
- Normally walking up and down the aisles I find things that I “do not need” and end up overspending.
- I can sit in the comfort of my own home and order my groceries.
- My biggest positive is if I want to plan our meals for the week I can look up the ingredients that I need and order what I don’t have on hand. This is one of the biggest pros of doing pick-up to me.
- The people that bag, (although I appreciate them) do not always know how to correctly bag. (frozen items in with my fresh vegetables) etc. So more a slight inconvenience.
- Size of produce. Obviously, if I was at the store myself I would know what size onions I would want or cabbage. But I also know that they don’t know either so I make do.
Do you use Walmart grocery pick-up or delivery? What are your thoughts? Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments.
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.