Valentines Day is just two and a half weeks away. Enjoy making these red velvet oreo mini cheesecakes. They are not only delicious but will add love to your table spread. There is just something about the POP of red that this holiday color brings to the table.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Red Velvet Oreo Mini Cheesecakes are Rich in Flavor
These mini cheesecakes are a little bit fancier than the average dessert. They have been inspired by red velvet cake and have a flavor that is reminiscent of an oreo cream. The finest ingredients, including fresh cream, butter, and chocolate give these mini cheesecakes a richness that can’t be beaten.
What are Red Velvet Oreo Mini Cheesecakes Great For?
Red Velvet Oreo Mini Cheesecakes can be used as a dessert for any occasion. Whether it be a baby shower, birthday party, or just because you deserve some sweet treats after a long day of work, these delightful desserts will make anyone’s mouth water with delight.
Red Velvet Oreo Mini Cheesecakes are a dessert made with red velvet cake, Oreo cookies, and cream cheese.
These mini cheesecakes are perfect for desserts, at parties like weddings or baby showers, or even as part of a holiday meal with the family.
Red Velvet Oreo Mini Cheesecakes can be time-consuming to make since they require baking and layering skills. However, they are worth the extra effort.
There is no official recipe for this dish but you can find one online on sites like here.
The recipe includes iced chocolate ganache on top of the Red Velvet Oreo Mini Cheesecake to give it an elegant look.
Edited as of 12/15/2021:
I have a little side note below about Walmart Pick-up and/or Delivery as this post was written in the earlier part of the Covid-19 happening. I never realized how helpful Walmart pick-up has become but also how there are times when it is not as helpful.
Do You Use Walmart Pick-up or Delivery?
During this pandemic, the only positive I have found is Walmart pick-up. We are a small town and do not have the option of delivery. I am going to share with you the pros and cons of Walmart pickup that I have found.
- When shopping online with Walmart pick-up I am able to make sure I am not overspending on needless items.
- Normally walking up and down the aisles I find things that I “do not need” and end up overspending.
- I can sit in the comfort of my own home and order my groceries.
- There have been times when I have ordered say a 32oz creamer and if they are out of stock of that flavor they give me 64oz size for the same charge as a 32oz.
- My biggest positive is if I want to plan our meals for the week I can look up the ingredients that I need and order what I don’t have on hand. This is one of the biggest pros of doing pick-up to me.
- The people that bag, (although I appreciate them) do not always know how to correctly bag. (frozen items in with my fresh vegetables) etc. So more of a slight inconvenience.
- Size of produce. Obviously, if I was at the store myself I would know what size onions I would want or cabbage. But I also know that they don’t know either so I make do.
- Recently when they don’t have something I order there are times they don’t substitute anything which puts me in a bind.
Do you use Walmart grocery pick-up or delivery? What are your thoughts? Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments.
Tastefully Stunning Red Velvet Oreo Mini Cheesecakes
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 16 Oreos
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted and melted
Red Velvet Cheesecake Ingredients
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- Using a food processor, blend up the oreo cookies and the melted butter until combined and wet sand like.
- Set aside.
- Line a cupcake pan with white cupcake liners.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the crust into the cupcake liners.
- Using a flat bottomed cup or measuring cup, press the crust down firmly.
- Set aside.
Red Velvet Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and cocoa until combined.
- Beat in the vanilla until combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Beat in the Red Gel Food coloring until combined.
- Fold in the chopped oreos.
- Scoop about 1 ½ tbsp of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until the top is firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, place in the fridge overnight.
- Using a small saucepan, heat up the heavy whipping cream to a slow simmer.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a medium bowl and pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips.
- Allow to sit for a minute before whisking until smooth.
- Spoon on about 1 ½ tbsp of the ganache onto the cheesecakes and smooth evenly.
- Allow to harden in the fridge.
Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Using a standing mixer, beat the ingredients for the whipped cream together until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the whipped cream into the piping bag.
- Pipe dollops of whipped cream onto the top of the cheesecake and top with mini chocolate chips and a mini Oreo.