Although we don’t love bees when they are trying to sting us, bees give us honey which many love. These cute Bee Oreo Cookies are fun for the kids and will remind us that not ALL bees are bad.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
What Do I Need to Make these Bee Oreo Cookies?
- Oreo Cookies: You can use any flavor you would like, but we used original Oreos.
- 2 cups yellow Wilton candy melts which you can purchase on Amazon here.
- 1 cup light cocoa Wilton candy melts which you can purchase on Amazon here.
- 1/2 cup white Wilton candy melts which you can purchase on Amazon here.
- Small candy eyes that you can purchase on Amazon here.
- Decorating bag: I enjoy disposable ones because let’s face it, who enjoys cleaning out the reusable bags? Not me! This set comes with tips that you can use again and again that you can purchase on Amazon here.
- Microwave-safe bowls, I found these on Amazon and they seem to work perfectly.
- Parchment paper sheets (or you can use the rolled kind). I found these sheets here on Amazon.
Who are the worker bees? Male or Female?
Females are the worker bees.
How much honey does one bee make in its lifetime?
Are you ready for this answer? One female bee in her lifetime makes 1 gram or the equivalent to 1 teaspoon in her whole lifetime. I found that to be crazy!
Do you know how many miles a female bee has to fly in order to make that 1 teaspoon of honey?
A female bee has to fly 15 times around the world in air miles in order to make that 1 teaspoon of honey. Talk about a lot of work. Here we thought those Ants spent a lot of time moving that rubber tree plant!
How is the honey’s flavor determined?
The flavor of the honey is decided by the nectar of the flower that the bee gets her nectar from when she gathers.
Did you know two different ways that a bee dies?
1. After the male and female bees mate very high up in the sky, the male bee loses its reproductive organs and dies.u003cbru003e2. After a bee stings you, they go off and die.
How many eggs can one Queen Bee lay in one day?
Would you believe that a Queen Bee can lay 2,000 eggs in one day? Yes, you heard that right. The ones that are fertilized become female bees and the ones that don’t become male bees. Now isn’t that something?
Do you know how many different species of bees there are in all of the continents combined (except Antarctica)?
Did you try guessing? Well, I won’t leave you hanging. 20,000 species!
I would like more bees in my garden. How do I get more bees to come into my garden?
Great question. If you make sure there are more colorful flowers, they will come. Bees love color, so the more you have the greater chances you will have of inviting more bees.
Get the Buzz on these Bee Oreo Cookies
- Small candy eyes
- Decorating bag
- 3 Microwave-safe bowls small
- 1 package Oreo Cookies family size
- 2 cups yellows Wilton candy melts
- 1 cup light cocoa Wilton candy melts
- ½ cup white Wilton candy melts
- In three small microwave-safe bowls, heat your candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes in separate bowls, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour the chocolate one into a decorating bag.
- Pull out a piece of parchment paper.
- Dunk each Oreo into the melted yellow chocolate, shaking off any excess and set them on the parchment paper to harden.
- When the yellow cookies are hardened dunk about 1/4 of the cookies into the white melted chocolate and set onto the parchment paper.
- Carefully place two candy eyes on the white end of the Oreos.
- Cut a small piece off the tip of the chocolate-filled decorating bag and drizzle stripes over the yellow part of the Oreo.
- Let harden for 30 minutes and enjoy!