Disclosure: Amazon & Walmart links may be incorporated into the post. If clicked I may receive a small commission from your purchase.
Although we don’t love bees when they are trying to sting us, bees give us honey which many love. These cute Bee Oreo Cookies are fun for the kids and will remind us that not ALL bees are bad.
What Do I Need to Make these Bee Oreo Cookies?
- Oreo Cookies: You can use any flavor you would like, but we used original Oreos.
- 2 cups yellows Wilton candy melts which you can purchase on Amazon here.
- 1 cup light cocoa Wilton candy melts which you can purchase on Amazon here.
- 1/2 cup white Wilton candy melts which you can purchase on Amazon here.
- Small candy eyes that you can purchase on Amazon here.
- Decorating bag: I enjoy disposable ones because let’s face it, who enjoys cleaning out the reusable bags? Not me! This set comes with tips that you can use again and again that you can purchase on Amazon here.
- Microwave-safe bowls, I found these on Amazon and they seem to work perfectly.
- Parchment paper sheets (or you can use the rolled kind). I found these sheets here on Amazon.
Get the Buzz on these Bee Oreo Cookies
- Oreo Cookies
- 2 cups yellows Wilton candy melts
- 1 cup light cocoa Wilton candy melts
- 1/2 cup white Wilton candy melts
- Small candy eyes
- Decorating bag
- Microwave-safe bowls
- Parchment paper
- 1. In three small microwave-safe bowls, heat your candy melts on 50% power for 2-3 minutes in separate bowls, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour the chocolate one into a decorating bag.
- 2. Payout a piece of parchment paper.
- 3. Dunk each Oreo into the melted yellow chocolate, shaking off any excess and set them on the parchment paper to harden.
- 4. When the yellow cookies are hardened dunk about 1/4 of the cookies into the white melted chocolate and set onto the parchment paper.
- 5. Carefully place two candy eyes on the white end of the Oreos.
- 6. Cut a small piece off the tip of the chocolate-filled decorating bag and drizzle stripes over the yellow part of the Oreo.
- 7. Let harden for 30 minutes and enjoy!