Apple blondies with maple whiskey glaze just for adults?
I have a simple formula for desserts. Some sweets are for kids while others are for adults. For instance, brownies are for kids, and blondies are for adults. Especially if that blondie is my absolute favorite apple blondies with maple whiskey glaze, these blondies are sensual. These are a perfect dessert for date night! Try this blondie recipe for your “someone special,” and they will love it!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Hot Items You Will Want to Have:
Blondies vs. Brownies
I am pretty sure by now, all my readers know the main difference between blondies and brownies, but if you are new, I can sum it up really quick. Take the chocolate out of the brownie, and it will become a blondie. This is the simplest definition of a blondie. It is light in color, almost white to beige. The main ingredients include brown sugar or white chocolate.
Ingredient Breakdown for these amazing Apple Blondies
Here is what you need for these delicious blondies:
- Flour: You will need all-purpose flour for this recipe. You can use a gluten-free version as well.
- Baking powder: No blondie is complete without baking powder.
- Kosher salt: A little bit of salt makes the blondies more flavorsome.
- Sweet cream butter: Sweet cream butter is rich and helps in making the blondies soft. Make sure you choose unsalted cream butter.
- Sugar: Use granulated white sugar or organic cane sugar for this recipe.
- Light brown sugar: Light brown sugar brings a light beige color to the blondies and adds sweetness.
- Eggs: Eggs are a raising agent and make the blondie fudgy.
- Pure vanilla extract: Vanilla has a distinct flavor but is an optional ingredient.
- Cinnamon: A pinch of cinnamon brings warmth to the blondie.
- Pecans: Chopped pecans add flavor and texture to the blondies. You can add walnuts as well.
For the Apple Filling:
- Apples: Granny smith apples are gorgeous. They are red, sweet, and have a unique flavor. You can choose any other variety as well.
- Brown sugar: You will get sweetness and color from brown sugar. You can choose either dark or light brown sugar.
- Vanilla extract: Again, it is an optional ingredient that adds flavor.
- Cinnamon: It adds warmth and flavor.
The 411 on the Glaze
The one thing that makes these apple blondies stand out from the rest of the blondies is the whiskey glaze. Once the blondie is baked, you need to pour a delicious, rich, silky whiskey sauce over it. The blondie will absorb the flavor, and it will settle on top as a shiny glaze. It is truly divine.
Here is what you need to make this out of this world glaze:
- Powdered sugar: You can easily find icing sugar from any grocery store.
- Whiskey: Choose your favorite whisky and turn it into something unique.
- Milk: Dairy milk will do the work.
- Cinnamon: A pinch of cinnamon will complement the whisky so well.
- Maple Syrup: 100% real, not the imitation type.
How to Store Apple Blondies with Whiskey?
You can place it on your kitchen counter or in the refrigerator. They will last for quite a long time, given the temperature is dry and cool.
Apple Blondies with Maple Whiskey Glaze for Autumn
- 9" x 9" cake pan
- parchment paper
Whiskey Maple Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tbsp whiskey bourbon
- ½ tbsp milk any milk will work
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup 100% (not artificial)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9" x 9" baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a medium bowl, toss the apple filling ingredients together until combined.
- Using a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon until combined.
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until a batter forms.
- Fold in the chopped pecans and apples.
- Spread the batter into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk all the glaze ingredients together until combined and smooth.
- Spread evenly over the blondies and allow the glaze to harden.
- Cut and Enjoy.
- 2 teaspoons of Bourbon extract or non-alcoholic vanilla extract.
- You can find Bourbon extract in the spice section of most grocery stores or purchase it online at Amazon: Bourbon Whiskey Extract.
- OR -1 teaspoon rum or brandy extract plus 1 1/2 tablespoons of sparkling apple cider, sparkling cranberry juice, or sparkling grape juice.