Have you ever tried a Honey Whiskey Pie? You don’t have to tell me that this ingredient in pie sounds a bit odd. That’s because the combination I am talking about is not just different but is one of my absolute favorites.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Yes! We all love pies. They are there for literally every occasion. Especially for holidays, you will find so many different pies. And to indulge in the celebration, we usually enjoy delicious pie for dessert with a glass of whiskey. That’s how I got the idea for this unique pie.
Why Should You Try Whiskey Pie?
You must try this recipe! Period. Not just for holidays, but for any occasion. Here is why you should try this amazing whisky pie:
- It is utterly delicious. The combination of different ingredients along with whisky is just out of this world. We have chocolate, whisky, and coffee. These three flavors are intense. You might think pairing them up will be too much, but the blend is unbelievably amazing.
- It is very easy to make. The recipe is divided into three parts, and you can easily make it. You don’t need special equipment or ingredients. Above all, you don’t have to bake this pie! It is a no-bake pie.
- It is a great choice for holidays and dinners. Because we use whiskey as an integral ingredient, it might not be a very kids-friendly dessert for some. However, every adult will love it to bits.
Main Components of Honey Whiskey Pie
- The crust: the base for every pie is the crust. Traditionally a pie uses a shortbread crust or a pastry crust. However, for this pie, I have opted for a no-bake crust. It is made with Oreos, graham crackers, and butter. To set the crust, chill it. No-fuss at all!
- The filling: the filling for this pie is rich, decadent, and creamy at the same time. It is made using instant pudding, whipping cream, brown sugar, and honey whiskey.
- The topping: the top of the pie plays a crucial role. It makes the pie visually appealing. Like any other pie, this pie uses whipping cream, powdered sugar, and instant coffee. Finally, finish off the pie with chocolate shavings.
How to Store Honey Whiskey Pie?
Because it is a no-bake cake, you don’t have to worry about storing it. Its place is in the refrigerator. So, place the leftover whisky pie in the refrigerator. Loosely wrap clingfilm on top. It will last for up to 5 days so you can enjoy it happily whenever you want.
Because it is a no-bake cake, you can make it in advance and store it as well. You can also keep the crust in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
Try this delicious whiskey pie at home. It is not just tasteful but is a very elegant-looking pie. It has an aura that will draw your guests toward it, and I bet everyone will love it!
Seven Generation Honey Whiskey Pie Recipe
- 1 cup Oreo’s finely crushed
- 1 cup graham crackers finely crushed
- 5 tbsps butter unsalted, melted
Pie Filling Ingredients
- 1 3.4 oz Jello Instant vanilla pudding
- 1 3.4 oz Jello Instant banana pudding
- 1½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Honey Whiskey
- 4 tbsp dark brown sugar
- Chocolate shavings
- Add the crushed Oreos and crushed graham crackers together in a large bowl.
- Pour in the melted butter.
- Whisk to mix well.
- Scoop the crumbs into a prepared 9 inch pie dish.
- Using the bottom of a glass press the crumbs into the pie dish.
- Start at the bottom of the pie dish and work up to form the sides of the pie.
- Put the crust into the refrigerator to chill.
- Whip the vanilla cream in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Set aside.
- Add the whiskey and brown sugar together.
- Stir until the brown sugar has dissolved.
- Continue to stir until it is well blended together.
- Add the whiskey and brown sugar mixture with the remaining ½ cup of vanilla cream.
- Blend the whiskey, brown sugar, and vanilla cream together.
- Add the banana pudding mix in a mixing bowl.
- Add the bourbon-infused cream to the pudding mix.
- Whisk for 2 minutes to combine.
- Fold in the vanilla whip cream.
- Use a rubber spatula to blend the ingredients together.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Use an offset spatula to smooth the top of the pie.
- Put the pie in the refrigerator overnight to firm.
Visit my list of Baking, Cooking, Garden, and Kitchen Appliances favorites here on Amazon.