This tiramisu Cannoli Cake Recipe is the perfect Italian Dessert. This recipe is a no-bake cake, making it the perfect summertime dessert. But there’s so much more to check out!
Have you ever thought of combining two desserts into one? This tiramisu cannoli cake is just the one to try first. Tiramisu is among those desserts that scream luxury. It is a rich, creamy and delicious dessert that is undoubtedly perfect for every occasion. You can eat tiramisu in a serving glass, but have you ever eaten it on a cake? If not, this recipe will give you a new perspective on the traditional tiramisu.
What is Tiramisu?
Tiramisu is an Italian wonder dessert. It is actually a no-bake cake made by using a layer of ladyfingers, biscuit, mascarpone cream, and a custard. There are several variations of tiramisu, and almost all use coffee flavor along with chocolate. It is a creamy, dense, rich, and very satisfying luxury dessert.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Supply List Of Things You Need to Make A Cannoli Cake Recipe That is Easy
Ingredient amounts are broken down in the recipe card below.
- whole milk
- unflavored gelatin
- 24 oz cream cheese
- sour cream
- granulated sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- hot water
- instant espresso powder
- 30 ladyfingers
- 1 cup Espresso
- 1/2 cup Kahlua, divided
- 16oz Mascarpone
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- cocoa powder
- mini chocolate chips
- chocolate chip cannolis
Main components of this Tiramsu Cannoli Cake:
Because tiramisu is all about layers of texture and flavors, here are the main components you will need for this delicious cake:
- Ladyfinger: The bottom layer is biscuity and is made using ladyfingers, espresso, and Kahlua. Mix the two ingredients and dip the ladyfingers in them to make the bottom layer of the tiramisu cake.
- Coffee Cheesecake: The base for this dessert is the No-bake cheesecake. Because we are going to infuse the coffee flavor, we will need ingredients like cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, espresso powder. To set the cake, I will use gelatin. Making this cheesecake is super easy, and it is super tasty as well.
- Mascarpone Filling: Mascarpone Filling is creamy, rich, and jam-packed with the coffee flavor. It is divine and my favorite part of the cake. You can make it using ingredients like mascarpone, eggs, sugar, whipping cream, and Kahlua.
- Topping: For this dessert, the toppings are what make it visually appealing. You can use different toppings like nuts, marshmallows, etc. however, and I like to use whipped cream, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and the best of all, chocolate chip cannoli.
How to Assemble the Tiramisu Cannoli Cake?
Making individual components is one thing, but the most important step when making tiramisu cannoli cake is its assembly. Here is the step-by-step guide to assembling it:
- You have to start with the ladyfingers dipped into the mixture and placed at the bottom of the pan. Make sure there are no gaps between the ladyfingers.
- Next, you have to scoop half of the prepared mascarpone mixture on the ladyfingers. Spread evenly until you get a smooth layer.
- Now, remove the prepared coffee cheesecake from the pan and place it gently on the even mascarpone layer.
- Cover the coffee cheesecake with the remaining layer of the mascarpone mixture and spread it evenly until it is smooth. Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 8 hours to overnight so that the mixture sets complexly and it hardens.
- Now you have to take the cake out of the pan, place the leftover ladyfingers around the side of the cake to decorate it.
- Decorate the cake’s top with piped whipped cream. Dust cocoa powder, sprinkle chocolate chips and place cannoli on top.
- The delicious tiramisu cannoli cake is ready!
Tiramisu Cannoli Cake-Two Italian Favorites in One Dessert
- 1 9" springform pan
Coffee Cheesecake :
- ¾ cups whole milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 24 oz cream cheese softened (or 3 bricks)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1½ tbsp hot water
- 4 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 30 ladyfingers
- 1 cup Espresso
- ¼ cup Kahlua
Mascarpone Filling :
- 2 8 oz Mascarpone
- ¼ cup Kahlua
- 6 large eggs separated
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups water
- Fresh whipped cream
- Cocoa powder
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate chip Cannolis
- Line the bottom of a 9in round springform pan with parchment paper.
- Using a medium pot, pour in the milk and sprinkle the gelatin evenly on top.
- Let it sit for 2 minutes .
- Place over low heat and allow it to cook.
- Stir the mixture until the gelatin has fully dissolved.
- Once dissolved, remove it from heat and allow it to cool.
- Using a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy.
- Beat in the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until combined and smooth.
- Gradually beat in the cooled gelatin mixture until combined.
- Using a small bowl, whisk together the espresso powder and hot water until combined.
- Beat the espresso into the cheesecake mixture.
- Spread the mixture into the springform pan and place into the fridge overnight.
- Separate the eggs into two bowls, discard the egg whites unless you want to cook them up to eat for yourself.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1 C espresso and ¼ C Kahlua and set aside.
- Using a large bowl, beat the Mascarpone and ¼ C Kahlua until combined.
- Using a small pot, bring 2 C of water to a boil. Using a heatproof glass bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and ⅔ C sugar and place over the boiling water.
- Continue to whisk until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture begins to thicken.
- Gradually pour the egg yolk mixture over the Mascarpone and whisk until combined.
- Place mixture into the fridge.
- Using a medium bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture until smooth.
Building the cake :
- Using a 9 in" springform pan, line it with a round parchment paper.
- Using the small bowl with the coffee mixture, dip about 10-15 ladyfingers into the mixture and place evenly onto the pan, make sure there are no gaps.
- Spoon ½ of the mascarpone onto the top of the ladyfingers and spread evenly.
- Remove the coffee cheesecake from the springform pan and gently place onto the mascarpone layer.
- Spoon the rest of the mascarpone onto the top of the cheesecake.
- Place into the fridge overnight to allow it to harden.
- Gently remove the springform for the cake.
- Using the remaining ladyfingers, place around the side of the cake.
- Top the cake with fresh whipped cream, chocolate chips, dust with cocoa powder and cannolis.
What is a Cannoli?
A Cannoli is a famous Italian pastry that is heavenly. Cannolis are usually made using Cannoli Tubes to shape the Dessert, and the shell is usually a fried pastry. Then it is filled with a Cannoli filling.
What is Cannoli filling?
Cannoli fillings are usually made with sweetened ricotta cheese and often contain nuts, citron, or chocolate bits.
Only One Cannoli?
Cannolis are a slightly sweet dessert that is a crisp, thin, and delectable treat. And if you have only one Cannoli, I suggest you enjoy it in peace and get busy making this Italian Cannoli Cake.
Do You Have an Oreo Cannoli Pie Recipe?
Yes, we do, you can find it here.
Will Oreo come out with a Cannoli Oreo?
Time will tell, we will have to wait and see. I have researched this question and at this time Oreo hasn’t come out with a definitive answer.