White Chocolate Cheesecake is extra special with cranberries that go along with it. When you get together for the holidays why not bring something special for the occasion? Mini cheesecakes are wonderful everyone can have the perfect size for their dessert.
All About Cranberries
Cranberries are a group of evergreen dwarf shrubs or trailing vines in the subgenus Oxycoccus of the genus Vaccinium. In Britain, cranberry may refer to the native species Vaccinium oxycoccos. In North America, cranberry may refer to Vaccinium macrocarpon. Vaccinium oxycoccos is harvested in central and northern Europe. In contrast, Vaccinium macrocarpon is grown throughout the northern United States, Canada, and Chile. In some methods of classification, Oxycoccus is a genius in its own right. They can be found in acidic bogs throughout the colder regions of the Northern Hemisphere.
Cranberries are low, creeping shrubs or vines. They measure up to 7 ft long and 2 to 8 inches in height. They have thin, wiry stems that are not thickly woody. They also have little evergreen leaves. The flowers are dark pink, with very distinct reflexed petals. They are leaving the style and stamens exposed and pointing forward, and bees pollinate them. The fruit is a larger berry than the leaves of the plant; it is initially light green, turning red when ripe. It is edible, but with an acidic taste that usually overwhelms its sweetness.
United States, Canada, and Chile accounted for 98% of cranberries’ world production in 2017. Most cranberries are processed into juice, sauce, jam, and sweetened dried cranberries, with the remainder, sold fresh to consumers. Cranberry sauce is a traditional accompaniment to turkey at Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners in the United States and Canada, and Christmas dinner in the United Kingdom.
Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 ¼ C crushed graham crackers
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
White Chocolate Cheesecake Ingredients
- 1. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- 2. Using a food processor, grind up 2 packages of graham crackers until sand-like crumbs.
- 3. Pour crumbs into a bowl.
- 4. Mix in the sugar and melted butter.
- 5. Scoop 1 tbsp of the crust into the liners and press down into a flat disk using the bottom of a flat cup.
- 6. Set aside
- White Chocolate Cheesecake Directions
- 1. Using a small bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, and salt
- 2. Using a large mixing bowl and hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- 3. Beat in the sugar mixture until combined.
- 4. Beat in the sour cream and vanilla until combined.
- 5. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time until combined after each egg.
- 6. Fold in the melted chocolate until combined.
- 7. Scoop 2 ½ tbsp white chocolate cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners.
- 8. Place into the oven and bake for 25-27 minutes or until the center has set.
- 9. Remove and allow to cool for 30 minutes on the counter.
- 10. Place into the fridge overnight
- Fresh Whipped Topping
- 1. Using a medium bowl, beat together all ingredients until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Scoop into the piping bag.
- 3. Pipe dollops on top of the cheesecakes.
- 4. Carefully place a few of the sugared cranberries on top.
- Top with fresh whipped cream, white chocolate shavings, and fresh cranberries
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.