Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Baseball season is upon us once again and if you’re like us, you’re searching for baseball desserts everyone will go crazy over! If your kids are playing ball this year, how much fun would it be to take a batch of these cute baseball cupcakes to the next game for the team to enjoy afterward? I’m sure the coach and players will love them and parents will hit you up for the delicious cupcake recipe and all your baseball dessert ideas! Look no further – we’ve got you covered with fun sports cupcakes every baseball fan will love.
Recipe Tips for Making Homemade Cupcakes
Whether you’re whipping up a batch of cupcake desserts for baseball games or a batch for the family, making your own cupcakes can be a fun and rewarding experience, especially when you get to enjoy the delicious results.
Here are a few tips to help make your homemade cupcakes even better:
Use the correct and freshest ingredients possible. It will help ensure you have moist cupcakes and happy fans. But keep in mind, they may not be around long!
Be sure to measure your ingredients accurately. If you don’t measure precisely, you can end up with cupcakes that are either too dry or too moist & sticky. And who wants that?!
If you’re new to baking, remember to preheat your oven before baking. While it may seem like a small consideration, it’s actually a valid one. Pre-heating ensures your cupcakes cook evenly and come out perfectly.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors and decorations. From sports cupcake birthday party themed cupcakes party themed cupcakes, you can never be too adventurous. Add chocolate chips, sprinkles, or frosting to make your cupcakes truly unique.
Whether you’re making cupcakes for a party or just for yourself, following these tips will help you create delicious treats that everyone will love.
How Do I Make These Yummy Baseball Cupcakes?
I’m glad you asked! These easy to make team snacks are always the first to go after games and it makes it that much more rewarding to spend time in the kitchen baking them! I love putting together sports cupcake ideas and other desserts for baseball games, but these are my favorite!
Ready to get started? Here’s what you’ll need to make fun sports cupcakes for their teams snacks:
Out of the Park Baseball Cupcakes
- 1 cake mix box
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup milk whole
- ½ cup butter unsalted, sweet cream
Vanilla Frosting ingredients
- 1 cup butter unsalted, sweet cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 drops of leaf green gel food coloring
- 1 medium ice cream scooper
- 1 mini angled spatula
Baseball fondant piece
- 1 box of white vanilla fondant
- 1 tube of red cookie icing
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 3 inch round circle cookie/fondant cutter
- 1 cup powdered sugar to dust cutting board
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners
- Using a standing mixer, combine all cupcake ingredients and beat on medium speed until combined, smooth and fluffy
- Scoop batter into the cupcake liners about 3/4 full
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes
- Once baked, allow cooling completely
Baseball fondant piece directions
- Sprinkle powdered sugar onto a cutting board
- roll out fondant into 1/2 inch thickness
- Use the cutter and cut out 22 circles
- Squeeze the cookie icing into the piping bag
- Pipe out the lines of the baseball onto the fondant piece
- Allow to dry while you finish the cupcakes
Vanilla frosting directions
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients on medium to high speed until creamy, fluffy and stiff with peaks
- Using the ice cream scooper, scoop 1 mound of frosting onto the cupcake
- Using the angled spatula, spread it slightly to cover the entire top of the cupcake
- Carefully place baseball fondant piece into the center of the frosting
- Repeat steps with remaining frosting and enjoy!
If you’re baking with the kids or grandkids, how about a bit of baseball trivia while you’re working on your baseball desserts?? It’s the perfect activity for the season while they help in the kitchen! Here are a few questions to get you started:
Who Invented Baseball?
A young man named Abner Doubleday from Cooperstown, New York invented the game known as baseball during the summer of 1839. Doubleday then went on to become a Civil War hero, while baseball became America’s beloved national pastime.
Which is the Oldest Baseball Team?
The Atlanta Braves is the oldest continually operating team in Major League Baseball; enfranchised in 1871 as the Boston Red Stockings (or Red Caps) in National Association, and with connections to the original independent professional Cincinnati Red Stockings of 1869–70; joined National League as a charter member (1876).
Why is the Baseball Field Called a Diamond?
Another name for the baseball field is the “diamond” because of the shape of the infield. The infield is the area from the grass line into the home plate. It includes all the bases and is where most of the action in the game of baseball takes place. The bases are just about the most important part of the baseball field.
Have fun baking up a few batches of baseball cupcakes! We know everyone will rave about them as much as we do. And we’d love to know how your baseball cupcakes turn out and what the team thought!