How to Make Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
One of my favorite flavors of cake is these Red Velvet Cheesecakes. So it is no surprise when I thought about a different mini-cheesecake recipe I would pick this one. Years ago my daughter asked for a red velvet cake for her birthday party. So I thought why not make a homemade one? Although it didn’t turn out terribly bad, it wasn’t the best. These though turned out perfectly.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Not as Hard to Make as They Might Look
This recipe has more than 1 step as well as ingredients. You will be able to easily print off the ingredients and directions in the below recipe card.
You will need the following ingredients for the chocolate cookie crust:
unsalted butter, melted
Now using a food processor, blend up the oreo cookies and the melted butter until combined and like wet sand. Now you will need to set this aside.
Line your cupcake pan with white cupcake liners. Using a tablespoon, scoop the crust into the cupcake liners. Using a flat bottomed cup or measuring cup, press the crust down firmly. Now set aside.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Ingredients :
2 – 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
Hershey Cocoa Powder
Pure Vanilla Extract
Red Gel Food coloring
2 Large Eggs
Directions for the cheesecake filling :
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and cocoa until fully combined. Beat in the vanilla until combined. Now beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined.
Beat in the red gel food coloring thoroughly. Scoop about 1 1/2 tbsp of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners. Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until the top is firm. Remove from your oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
Once cooled, place in the fridge overnight.
Chocolate Ganache topping Ingredients
Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
Heavy Whipping Cream
Directions for Ganache topping:
Using a medium pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer. Pour the chocolate chips into a medium bowl and pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips.
Let sit for 2 minutes and then mix until smooth and combined. Remove the cheesecakes from the fridge.
Now scoop 1 tbsp of the chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecakes and smooth it evenly with a butter knife.
Sprinkle some oreo crumbs on top.
How to Make Red Velvet Mini-Cheesecakes
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 16 Oreos
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
Red Velvet Cheesecake Ingredients
- 16 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Hershey Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Food coloring red
- 2 large Eggs
Chocolate Ganache Topping Ingredients
- 1 cup Chocolate chips Semi Sweet
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ cup Oreo crumbs
Chocolate Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup Hershey cocoa powder
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 14 mini oreos
Chocolate Cookie Crust Instructions
- Using a food processor, blend up the oreo cookies and the melted butter until combined and wet sand-like.
- Set aside.
- Line a cupcake pan with white cupcake liners.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the crust into the cupcake liners.
- Using a flat bottomed cup or measuring cup, press the crust down firmly6. Set aside.
Red Velvet Cheesecake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and cocoa until combined.
- Beat in the vanilla until combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Beat in the Red Gel Food coloring until combined.
- Fold in the chopped oreos
- Scoop about 1 ½ tbsp of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until the top is firm.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, place in the fridge overnight.
Chocolate Ganache Instructions
- Using a medium pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a medium bowl, pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips.
- Let sit for 2 minutes and then mix until smooth and combined.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of the chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecakes and smooth evenly with a butter knife.
- Allow to harden in the fridge.
Chocolate Whipped Cream Instructions
- Using a standing mixer, beat the ingredients for the whipped cream together until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the whipped cream into the piping bag.
- Pipe dollops of whipped cream onto the top of the cheesecake and top with mini chocolate chips and a mini oreo.
What Can I Use These For?
These mini-cheesecakes would be great for finger food desserts at the Holidays, Valentines’ day, and even the 4th of July. If you have a teen that enjoys cheesecakes for their next birthday you could make a mini-cheesecake sampler for your guests. It would be great to include these delicious mini-cheesecakes too. For berry lovers this Easy Mini Cheesecakes Lemon Blackberry. Or if you have more ‘bakery’ type guests these Individual Chocolate Mousse Cheesecakes and Heavenly Peanut Brownie Dough Cheesecake.
But First Desserts Page on Facebook