Incredibly Delicious Baked Cherry Ganache Pie Recipe
Who doesn’t love pie? A slice of perfectly baked cherry ganache pie with a flaky pastry and a rich filling can brighten up a dull day and bring a smile to your face. You might have tried several pies, but the one I am going to share is utterly delicious. It’s a cherry pie! But not just any cherry pie; it is a cherry pie with a delightful and heartwarming twist.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Cherry and chocolate make up a perfect combination. If you ask me, it is a match made in heaven. So, for this pie, I have paired up cherry and ganache to give you something out of this world. You will simply fall in love with this one, trust me!
Whether it is a dinner party, a birthday, holidays, or midnight craving, this pie is fit for every occasion.
Incredibly Delicious Cherry Ganache Pie Recipe
- 9 inch deep dish pie dish
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 2 pie crusts 9 inch
- 4 cups cherries pitted
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
Cherry Pie filling :
- Pitt the cherries over a medium bowl
- Once cherries are pitted, combined both the cherries and cherry juice from pitting into a medium saucepan.
- Place saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix in the sugar and lemon juice and cook until soft.
- Using 6 tbsp water in a small dish, dissolve the cornstarch.
- Mix in the liquid cornstarch into the cherry mixture to thicken it .
- Continue to cook the cherries until thick.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before placing into the pie shell.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9in pie dish with pam baking spray.
- Place both premade pie crusts into the pie dish to create a thick crust.
- Scoop in ¾ of the cherry filling into the pie shell.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to 60 mins or until the shell is a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until it's simmering.
- Pour over the chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Let sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth.
- Scoop ¼ cup into a piping bag.
- Pour the remaining ganache over the cherry pie and smooth evenly.
- Place into the fridge to harden.
- Once the ganache hardens, scoop the remaining cherry filling on top and spread evenly.
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache over the cherry pipe.
- Place into the fridge until ready to serve. & Enjoy!
Incredibly Delicious Cherry Ganache Pie Recipe
Main Components You Will Need for This Baked Cherry Pie
This cherry ganache pie is very easy to make. You don’t need many ingredients, and the preparation process is simple as well. To make things simpler, I have divided the preparation process into three parts. so, this cherry ganache pie has three main components i.e.
- Pie crust: Now you can’t make a pie without a pie crust, can you? I have used premade pie crust, but you can make your own as well.
- Filling: This is where the flavors add on. The rich, refreshing, delicious, sweet, and slightly tart cherry flavor that pops in your mouth when you take the first bite is something worth remembering.
- Ganache: Here comes the twist we all love! The top of the pie is not the traditional pie crust. Instead, it is the rich and chocolaty ganache.
Tips for Perfect Cherry Ganache Pie
Making cherry ganache pie is straightforward. However, you have to keep in mind a few things for perfect results.:
- You can use either fresh or frozen cherries for making the filling. If you are drawn more towards sour cherries, make sure to increase sugar quality to balance the flavors.
- Make sure the filling reaches room temperature before adding it to the crust.
- Never add ganache to hot pie. It will melt away instantly, ruining your pie.
- You can use either semi-sweet or bitter or a combination of both chocolates for the ganache.
How to Store Cherry Ganache Pie?
Well, although there are fair chances, you won’t have any leftover cherry ganache pie, but if by any chance you have a few pieces left, you can cover them loosely with cling wrap and store them in the refrigerator. They are good to go for about five days.
Furthermore, you can also freeze the pie. It is ideal if you freeze it without the ganache. This way, when you defrost it, the ganache won’t cause you a problem. Once you reheat the pie, wait till it cools down and then cover it with ganache. You can freeze the cherry pie for up to three months.
Moreover, you can store the ganache separately in the refrigerator, and it will last for up to a week.