These special cake truffles are just what Valentine’s Day ordered. Not everyone loves the day itself. This does not mean you cannot celebrate with friends or family. Not only are these truffles easy to make, but they will look so nice on your dessert tray.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links’. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
Valentines Day Cake Truffles That Will Make You Swoon
- 1½ cup cake mix funfetti
- ½ cup sweet cream butter unsalted sweet cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tbsp vanilla
- ½ cup Confetti Sprinkles Valentines Day
- ¼ cup Heart Shaped Confetti Sprinkles Valentines Day
- 2 bags white melting chocolate Ghirardelli
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with a silicone mat or wax paper
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, sugar, flour and vanilla.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add into the same bowl.
- Using a fork or your fingers, work the mixture into a cookie dough texture
- Add the Valentine’s Day Confetti sprinkles and mix until combined
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop some dough and using your hands, roll into balls.
- Repeat steps until all dough is gone
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate.
- Dip the dough ball into the chocolate.
- Using a fork, completely coat the ball into the chocolate and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Quickly Sprinkle some Heart Shaped Confetti sprinkles on top.
- Repeat the previous step with the remaining dough balls.
Valentine’s Day-The Early History
Saint Valentine is who Valentine’s Day is named after, a Catholic priest who lived in Rome in the third century. There are a lot of stories referring to St Valentine. Over time, these stories grew into the tradition that we know of now.
At the time of Saint Valentine’s life, many Romans converted to Christianity. Still, Emperor Claudius II was a pagan and created strict laws about what Christians were allowed to do. Claudius believed that Roman soldiers should be wholly dedicated to Rome and therefore brought about a law keeping them from becoming married. Valentine started to marry these soldiers in private Christian services. This was the start of his reputation for knowing the priority being in love.
Ultimately, Valentine was found and put in jail for his misconduct in opposition to Claudius. While in-person, Valentine nurtured his fellow prisoners and also his jailor’s blind daughter. It is said that Valentine cured the girl’s loss of sight and that his last act previous to being executed was to write her a message of love signed ‘from your Valentine’.
More Valentine Ideas
If you are thinking of having a family Valentine’s day party these ideas might help out. If the kids are in school and having any Valentine exchanges these are some terrific free ideas.