This wicked whiskey bundt cake is definitely a must-try dessert. If you aren’t big on having whiskey in your recipe there are a few ideas of whiskey substitutes I will share below. If you aren’t opposed to adding the whiskey then this recipe will be a different choice to bring to a party for adults. If you need a recipe for a cake for the kids, try this one The Most Delicious Boston Creme Pie Cake.
The biggest amount of whiskey in this recipe is in the glaze. The small amount in the cake itself will bake itself out.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
The Easiest Wicked Whiskey Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2⅓ cup flour all-pourpose
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar granulated
- 1 cup butter unsalted, room temp
- 3 eggs large, room temp
- 1 8 oz sour cream
- 4 tbsp whiskey
- 3 tbsp brown sugar light,
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup sugar powdered
- 2 cups sugar powdered
- ½ cup whiskey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy cream
- walnuts for garnish depends on how many you would like
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Spray a 9-inch bundt cake pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt and whisk until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, mix to combine well after each egg.
- Add in the sour cream and mix until combined.
- Add the Whiskey and mix until combined.
- Gradually begin to add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Cinnamon Sugar Instructions
- In a small bowl add the cinnamon mixture ingredients, stir to combine.
Continue with Cake Instructions here
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-brown sugar mixture on top of the batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top of the cinnamon brown sugar mixture.
- Smooth this layer evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture on top of the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 15-20 minutes in the bundt pan.
- After cooling, turn onto a serving plate.
- Continue cooling
Make the Whiskey Glaze.
- In a medium bowl add the powdered sugar, whiskey, vanilla, and cream.
- Mix til combined.
- Pour the glaze over the bundt cake and garnish it with walnuts.
- Now it is time to Enjoy!
What Can I Use as a Whiskey Substitute for my Whiskey Bundt Cake?
Bourbon is made from a mash of at least 51 % corn, malted barley, and rye or wheat grain. It is then stored in white oak barrels that are charred for at least two years. Bourbon cocktails are mostly common. The liquor is sometimes used in cooking to add flavor. If you choose not to or cannot have alcohol, there are some worthy substitutes.
When food recipes call for whiskey or bourbon, a mixture of nonalcoholic almond extract and nonalcoholic vanilla extract can be used in place of bourbon in equal quantities. If the recipe only calls for a tiny amount of bourbon, you can simply omit the bourbon altogether, using slightly more of a liquid ingredient to replace the water content.
In this recipe for instance you could use 2 tablespoons of nonalcoholic vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of nonalcoholic almond extract in the cake portion of this recipe.
Substitutions for Non-Alcohol Choices – For 2 tablespoons of whiskey, you can substitute:
- 2 teaspoons of Bourbon extract or non-alcoholic vanilla extract. You can find Bourbon extract in the spice section of most grocery stores or purchase it online at Amazon: Bourbon Whiskey Extract.
- OR -1 teaspoon rum or brandy extract plus 1 1/2 tablespoons of sparkling apple cider, sparkling cranberry juice, or sparkling grape juice.
Substitutions for the Half Cup of Whiskey in the Wicked Whiskey Bundt Cake Glaze ingredients:
- Or for 1/2 cup of whiskey which is in the glaze, you can do 8 tablespoons of Bourbon extract or non-alcoholic vanilla extract.
- Or- just under 3 tablespoons of rum or brandy extract plus 3/4 cups of sparkling apple cider, sparkling cranberry juice, or sparkling grape juice.
Let me know if you have any questions in the comments (make sure to leave your email-which I only see). I will write you back with the answer you are asking for your question.