A Chocolate Chip Truffle Recipe might help when you are faced with the following conundrum. Being good at baking isn’t always that easy! It means you always have some expectations to live up to. These aren’t of your family but your extended family and friends as well. For instance, when someone has a birthday or a holiday season is arriving, they unconsciously start expecting you to gift them some homemade baked goodies. I mean, it is really sweet, but it is very overwhelming, especially when your social and family circle is huge.
Don’t get me wrong. I love baking! But making huge batches of cakes one after another, organizing them along with your house chores, is almost impossible. Unfortunately, I really feel sad for not living up to the expectations, so I kept thinking about a recipe that would fit the criteria. i.e., it should be baked, delicious, perfect for gifting, and super easy and convenient to make.
Thank my lucky stars, I came across such a recipe rather quickly than expected! Want to know what it is? Read ahead to find out!
What is a Chocolate Chip Truffle?
Chocolate chip truffles are tiny balls that contain chocolate chips inside and are drenched in chocolate glaze. Now you might have come across several truffle recipes. The most common ones use baked cake crumble. However, I don’t do things the traditional way. I actually came across this recipe because of my daughter. She has a habit of eating raw cookie dough (I mean, who doesn’t?) every time I make cookies. It is not so bad until you find out that you are running short of cookie dough. That’s where the real problem begins. Plus, I have always been a little skeptical about eating raw flour.
So, keeping all these points in mind, my chocolate chip truffles are made from cookie dough! And they are just perfect!
A few points to keep in mind
Here are a few things you need to keep in mind when making truffles:
- Make sure you are following the exact measurements.
- If you are not sure about using raw flour, you can sauté I in a dry non-stick pan until it becomes fragrant or a light golden color. Don’t forget to stir constantly!
- Cream butter is soft and results in perfect texture. So, try not substituting it with regular butter.
- If you find the dough to be crumbly, add a little bit of water.
- Oil your hands so the dough won’t stick.
How to Make the Chocolate Chip Truffle Fancy for any Occasion?
There are so many ways to make these truffles look fancy according to the occasion. Here are a few ideas:
- You can use white chocolate or red chocolate from the glaze.
- Use white chocolate chips.
- You can use crushed nuts like pistachios, cashews, and almonds.
- I like to use crunched cereals as well.
- Add colorful sprinkles and other edible decorative as well.
- Try using gold leaf and make these truffles extravagant.
P.S: I know these truffles are no-bake. That’s why they are perfect for keeping me sane during the holidays! However, I still opt for these as they are pretty to look at and are very tasty.
Mouth-Watering Chocolate Chip Truffle Recipe
- 1 disposable piping bag
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar, butter and vanilla and mix until combined.
- If the dough is crumbly, mix in the water.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon some dough onto the palm of your hands.
- Roll into a ball.
- Place onto the cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps until all of the dough has been rolled into tablespoon sized balls .
- Place into the fridge or freezer for 1 hour.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the Ghirardelli melting chocolate in intervals of 30 seconds until melted.
- Once melted, using a fork, dip a cookie dough ball into the chocolate and carefully tap the side of the bowl to get rid of excess chocolate.
- Place back onto the cookie sheet.
- Once all of the truffles have been dipped in the chocolate, scoop remaining melted chocolate into the piping bag.
- Cut the tip off the piping bag and drizzle over the truffles.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top.
- Allow the chocolate to harden before enjoying them.
Visit my list of Baking, Cooking, Garden, and Kitchen Appliances favorites here on Amazon.