Pudding in a pie! Not to mention lemon pudding pie! Can life get any better? I have always loved pudding growing up. The creamy smooth texture melts in your mouth, leaving tons of flavors on your tongue. On the other hand, I love pie as well. The crisp, wholesome crust is so satisfying.
When you have your heart torn between the pudding and pie, it is difficult to decide which one you are going to make. In such a situation when you can’t choose one, I suggest you choose both? How about you make a delicious pie with pudding as a filling loaded with the lemony flavor? Isn’t it something amazingly unique?
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Why make Lemon Pudding Pie?
In case you are wondering what’s so special about this delicious pie, let me tell you there is so much you will love about it.
- First and foremost, this lemon pudding pie is utterly delicious. You get the acidity from the lemon that cuts through the silky, rich pudding. And the pie crust, Aaahh, it is to die for!
- It is super easy to make. Forget about the many steps of making the perfect pie crust or baking the filling. I have the perfect shortcuts that make this dessert super quick to make.
- You don’t need to invest your time and energy in keeping an eye on the temperature and consistency of the pudding. Why not use the things that make your life easy? Use a pudding mix instead! It is easy to make and has a perfect consistency.
- As for the pie crust is concerned, I use graham crackers! You can’t imagine the power of graham crackers. It is divine! Because this pie is a no-bake pie, the graham crackers are the perfect crust. It holds shape pretty well and gives you the texture you require.
- And now it’s time for the secret ingredient, i.e., the whipped cream. Of course, no pie is complete without whipping cream. But the true flavor lies in folding it in the pudding improves the texture and flavor drastically.
Here are a few serving ideas you will love:
- The best way to serve this pudding pie when it is extremely chilled.
- Garnish the top with whipping cream and lemon wedges. Sprinkle lemon zest for more flavor.
- This dessert is a perfect treat for summers. Pair it with freshly made chilled lemonade. Trust me when I say it is the most refreshing combination ever!
- You can also prepare a lemon glaze to go on the top.
How to store lemon pudding pie?
Well, the best way to store it is by covering it with cling wrap and keeping it in the refrigerator. It will last for about 3 to 4 days. However, make sure to use a clean and dry spoon.
I don’t recommend freezing it once it gets the pudding filling. It will mess up the texture. Also, don’t leave it at room temperature for more than 2 to 3 hours. It stays amazing when chilled, and that’s what you should aim for.
A Super Decadent Lemon Pudding Pie Recipe
- 1-medium piping bag with star tip
- 1 – 9in round pie pan
- Combine all ingredients and press the crust into the pie shell.
- Place into the freezer while you make the filling.
Lemon Pudding Instructions
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the lemon pudding mix and the 2 C whole milk.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Place into the fridge while you make the whipped cream.
- Using a large cold bowl, pour the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar into the bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop 1 C of whipped cream into the piping bag and set it aside.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and the pudding from the fridge.
- Scoop 1 C of lemon pudding into the crust and spread evenly.
- Using remaining whipped cream, gently fold the whipped cream into the remaining lemon pudding.
- Spoon and spread evenly the mixture into the pie crust.
- Using the piping bag, pipe dollops of whipped cream onto the top of the pie.
- Top with lemon slices.
- Place into the fridge until ready to serve with a cold glass of lemonade.
Visit my list of Baking, Cooking, Garden, and Kitchen Appliances favorites here on Amazon.
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.