Craving something sweet but not chocolaty? Try these delicious carrot cake blondies and fall in love with the flavors of carrot and vanilla!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
What are blondies?
One of the most loved baked desserts includes brownies. Everyone loves brownies. These are chocolaty, indulgent, and delicious. However, if you are someone who doesn’t like the cocoa flavor, or in other words, are not a big fan of brownies, you can eat blondies instead!
To make things easier to understand, we can say that a blondie is a brownie’s cousin. It has the same texture, but it’s the flavor profile that makes it different. These are mostly made from vanilla or white chocolate and are rich and delicious.
The main difference between a brownie and a blondie
Well, when it comes to differentiating between a brownie and a blondie, these both are north and south. From the flavors to the appearance, everything is different. Here are the main differences between a brownie and a blondie:
- Appearance: where a brownie has a dark brown color due to the cocoa or chocolate in it, a blondie, as the name indicates, has a light color. It is an almost white to sand-colored dessert, depending on the ingredients you add.
- Ingredients: the main difference between the two is that a blondie uses vanilla instead of cocoa powder. Furthermore, a blondie is made from brown sugar, whereas a brownie uses white sugar.
- Flavor: Depending upon the ingredients, the taste of a blondie can vary. However, one thing in common. It has a delicious, rich, and subtle flavor. Furthermore, because there is no chocolate, the vanilla dominates. All in all, it is addictive.
Components of carrot cake blondies
Carrot cake blondie is an amazing dessert that takes inspiration from traditional carrot cake and modern blondie. It is an easy-to-make and pretty straightforward recipe. Here are the main components of this delicious and unique blondie:
- The carrot blondie: The base or the main component is the carrot cake blondie. It is a perfect blend of blondie ingredients. To take things to another level, the flavor of grated carrot really shines through. I add chopped pecans for crunch and texture. It is soft, delicious, and just amazing.
- The frosting: we are not going to leave the blondie as it is. That’s because it can become pretty boring or dry. So, there is a need for frosting. Nothing can go wrong with a blondie topped with delicious frosting. The frosting is creamy, rich, and delicious. The main ingredients include cream cheese, butter, sugar, and a pinch of cinnamon for that extra punch.
Tips for perfect Carrot Cake Blondies
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
- Add grated carrots and chopped pecans in the end and fold gently.
- You can also use nuts like almonds, pistachios, and walnuts for this recipe.
- When making frosting, make sure you don’t overbeat the ingredients, or the frosting can split.
- Never add frosting to warm blondie. It will melt right away, ruining your dessert. Wait until it is cool or reaches room temperature.
Made from Scratch Carrot Cake Blondies
- 1-9×13 pan
- 1 cup butter unsalted, sweet cream, melted
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup carrots finely grated
- 1½ cup flour
- 2 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup pecans chopped
- ½ cup butter unsalted, sweet cream, softened
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top of the frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon and salt until combined .
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla until combined.
- Whisk in the egg and egg yolk.
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold in the grated carrots and the chopped pecans.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow cooling.
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients together until combined.
- Spread evenly onto the top of the bars.
- Sprinkle with the ground cinnamon.
- Allow frosting to harden slightly before cutting into bars and enjoying.
Visit my list of Baking, Cooking, Garden, and Kitchen Appliances favorites here on Amazon.
- Non-Stick Kitchen Oven Baking Pans – Carbon Steel with Non-stick Blue Diamond Coating Inside & Outside, Commercial Grade Restaurant Quality Metal Bakeware, Dishwasher Safe – NutriChef NCBK6TRB
- HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set for Baking, Cooking, and Mixing High Heat Resistant Non-Stick Dishwasher Safe BPA-Free Multicolor Set of 5
- Stand Mixer, Facelle 660W Household Kitchen Standing Mixer Dough Mixer with 6-Speed Tilt-Head Food Mixer Cake Mixer-Dough Hook/Whisk/Beater for Baking, Cakes, Cookie(6.5 QT Bowl, Blue)
- Joyhill Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set of 10 Piece, Nesting Metal Measuring Cups Set with Soft Touch Silicone Handles for Dry and Liquid Ingredients, Cooking & Baking (Colorful)
- love & flour Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 12 Piece Stainless Steel Nesting Bowls Set, Measurement Marks & Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Great for Prep, Serving, and Food Storage (Rainbow)
To see more of our bar recipes you can click here.