The combination of Chocolate Peanut Butter is one of my favorites. Peanut Butter cups don’t even do it for me anymore. Whether it is ice cream, a cake, or a trifle if it has this combination in it, it is perfect. This dessert will be a hit where ever you take it. If it is a large crowd you might want to double it, but that might be just me.
Disclosure: Amazon links may be incorporated into the post. If clicked I may receive a small commission from your purchase.
What Do I Need to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Lush?
You will need to make sure you have 36 Oreos (or can be a non-name brand). For your refrigerated ingredients you will need butter, cream cheese, Cool Whip Mix-ins (Oreo), and three cups, plus 2 tablespoons of milk. Non-refridgerated ingredients are creamy peanut butter, powdered sugar, and 2 small packages of chocolate instant pudding.
Is this Dessert Easy to Make?
Yes, it actually is very easy to make. Make sure that you are able to put it in the fridge for 4 hours before serving or 1 hour in the freezer. Using a food processor crush your Oreos. If you do not have a processor you can put them in a zip lock bag and roll them with a rolling pin. If you want to put some of the cookie crumbles on top, then reserve 1/4 cup for later and set aside.
If you use the processor pulse in the melted butter. Otherwise, mix what you crushed in the bag into a small bowl and add the butter and mix. Now press the cookie mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. (I use a metal measuring cup to help press the crust down. Tip: You can also use parchment paper to press it down if you would rather.
Now place the pan in the refrigerator or freezer to set up. In a bowl mix the cream cheese and peanut butter together with a mixer until fluffy and light. Then add in 2 tablespoons of milk, the sugar and mix well. Spread this cream cheese layer evenly over the crust.
In another bowl you will combine the chocolate instant pudding with 3 cups cold milk and whisk/stir for 2 minutes. This is when you will spread the pudding over the layer of cream cheese. Top the whole 9 x 13 pan with the cool-whip. Top with mini peanut butter cups, crushed Oreos (if you reserved some), drizzle with peanut butter or even marble in some pudding.
Put in the freezer for 1 hour, or the fridge for 4 hours before serving.
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 container Cool Whip Mix-Ins, Oreo
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages chocolate instant pudding
- 3 cups of milk
- Crush your Oreos in the food processor (remove 1/4 cup for topping if desired) and pulse in the melted butter
- Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish (I use a metal measuring cup to help press the crust down.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator or freezer to set up.
- Mix the cream cheese and peanut butter together with a mixer until light and fluffy then add in 2 tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well.
- Spread this cream cheese layer over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 cups cold milk and whisk for 2 minutes.
- Spread the pudding over the cream cheese layer.
- Top the whole thing with the cool-whip.
- Top with mini peanut butter cups, crushed Oreos, peanut butter drizzle, or marble in some pudding.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
If you can refrigerate for 4 hours, do so otherwise freeze for 1 hour.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 369mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 26gProtein: 9g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. If more pieces are cut obviously the calorie per piece will be lower.
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before Lunch & After Dinner Recipes.