Kahlua cookies are something that I hadn’t had before but it was always my favorite drink. These cookies will be great if you are entertaining and want to have something different to offer your guests. If you take them to a get together you are sure to be the only one that brings them! With only 4 tablespoons of Kahlua, you will have plenty left to make more cookies. Or if you would rather make yourself a drink.
Disclosure: Amazon & Walmart links may be incorporated into the post. If clicked I may receive a small commission from your purchase.
What Will I Need to Make these Kahlúa Cookies?
These Kahlúa cookies will need flour, baking soda, kosher salt, espresso powder, coffee extract, and cocoa powder. You will also need to have unsalted sweet cream butter (softened), light brown sugar, sugar, and one large egg. Also don’t forget to have Orange, Red, and Yellow M&Ms and Kahlúa on hand to finish these delicious cookies off.
What is the history of Kahlúa?
While some people have sampled this delightful drink, very few know that it actually originates from. It originates from the eastern state of Veracruz, Mexico. Production of Kahlúa, which means ‘House of the Acolhua People’ in Nahuatl. It began way back in 1936 thanks to Pedro Domecq and was first exported to the US market in 1940. Kahlúa is crafted with the finest ingredients that grow next to each other in rural Veracruz, Mexico. The actual word Kahlúa has ties to ancient Arabic languages. It is said to be another term or “slang” for coffee.
Exotic Kahlúa Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda. espresso powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until combined and fluffy
- Beat in the egg and Kahlua coffee liquor
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in 1 C of the M&M's
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop cookie dough into hands and roll into a ball
- Lightly press down onto the cookies into a thick disk
- Place a few more M&M's onto the top of the cookie dough rounds
- Repeat steps with remaining dough
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-12 minutes
- Then Enjoy!
Memories of Kahlúa
Do you have any memories of Kahlúa? I remember the first time I had Kahlúa in a drink when I was a military wife. I had never had it before. The place we were at served it with heavy cream and Bailey’s Irish Cream. It was like drinking chocolate milk. A little “too easy” going down, if you ask me.
One time I was given a Kahlúa and Cream only to notice that it didn’t taste quite right. Come to find out it had vodka added to it which makes it a White Russian. That was not something I was expecting so I sent it back.
Kahlúa is something we used to have during the holidays sometimes, along with a bit of spiked egg nog. I found that it isn’t a good idea for me to drink it before opening presents.
Other Recipe Ideas to Use Kahlúa in
- Mudslide Ice Cream
- Kahlua Chocolate Poke Cake
- Chocolate Trifle with Kahlua
- Kahlua Cream Cheese Cup Pies
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.