You might have eaten raw cookie dough, but have you ever tried an Oreo Sprinkle cookie cake? If not, you are in luck! I am going to share my ultimate cookie cake recipe with you guys, and trust me, and it is unlike anything you have ever tried. So, you need to try it today!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Visit my list of Baking, Cooking, Garden, and Kitchen Appliances favorites here on Amazon.
Oreo sprinkle cake is very close to my heart. That’s because it has Oreos in it, and then we have sprinkles, and lastly, it is my daughter’s favorite. We love to have it as a night treat with a big glass of milk. It is a perfect way to satisfy the midnight craving. If you ever get a chance to see my refrigerator, you will find it more than any other cake or dessert.
I love to decorate my cakes. And this particular cake is very decorative. You will see whipping cream, Oreo minis, and sprinkles. Even the slight of it is mouthwatering.
This cookie cake is very easy to make. The base is just like cookie dough, so there is no rocket science in it. The preparation is very straightforward. So, if you are a beginner, you can try this without any fear of messing up the cake.
The Assembly of the Oreo Sprinkle Cookie Cake
The most important part is the assembly. Here is how it goes:
Step 1: Start by taking the cookie cake out of the mold. Place it on a cake board.
Step 2: Next, heat the prepared chocolate ganache in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Step 3: Pour this ganache over the cookie cake and smooth it out so that it is spread on the cake’s surface evenly.
Step 4: Now, sprinkle chopped Oreo cookies, mini chocolate chips, and rainbow sprinkles on top.
Step 5: Wait till the ganache is set and gets firmed up. Now pipe dollops of vanilla frosting to decorate around the edges of the cookie cake.
Step 6: Sprinkle rainbow sprinkles on the frosting and place mini Oreos on the edges.
Step 7: Place a big Oreo in the center, and the cake is ready.
Here are a few things you can add to this cake to make it more interesting:
- You can add a layer of peanut butter to make things more interesting.
- To add a crunchy element, you can add pecans or walnuts.
- You can also add fresh or preserved fruits like cherry or strawberries on top of the cake.
- White chocolate shavings also work very well on this cookie cake.
How to store Oreo Sprinkle Cookie Cake?
Because it contains chocolate ganache, it is better to store the cake in the refrigerator. Moreover, you can make the cake ahead of time and store it for later use. Keep the decorations till the last minute and serve them when you need to.
Whether it is your kid’s birthday or just a regular day. Try this amazing cake, and I bet you will enjoy it. This cake particularly goes so well with a big glass of milk on a summer evening. Give yourself and your kids a treat and share the happy moments.
Fantastically Good Oreo Sprinkle Cookie Cake
- 1-9 inch a round cake pan
- 1 – 10 inch round cake board
- 1 large piping bag with a round star tip
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookie Ingredients :
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients
Chocolate Ganache directions
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer.
- Using a medium heat-safe bowl, combine the 1 C chocolate chips and the hot heavy whipping cream.
- Allow sitting for 1 minute before whisking until smooth.
- Set aside
Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookie Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9in a round cake pan with pam baking spray, set aside.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined and a dough forms.
- Fold in 1 ½ C chocolate chips, 1 ½ C chopped Oreos and ¾ C rainbow sprinkles.
- Press the cookie dough into the cake pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips, chopped Oreos and rainbow sprinkles on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are set and start to turn a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Vanilla frosting Instructions
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla until combined.
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag and set it aside.
Decorating the cookie cake Instructions
- Remove the cookie cake from the pan and place it onto the cake board.
- Heat the chocolate ganache in the microwave for 30 seconds to re-melt the chocolate.
- Pour the ganache onto the top of the cookie and smooth evenly.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips, chopped Oreos and the rainbow sprinkles on top.
- Allow the ganache to firm up before piping the frosting.
- Once the ganache has firmed up, pipe dollops of frosting around the edge of the cookie cake.
- Sprinkle rainbow sprinkles around the edge and place a mini oreo onto the frosting.
- Place a big Oreo in the center of the cookie cake.
- Cut into slices and serve with a BIG OLE GLASS OF MILK.