These king cake bars are perfect for your Mardi Gras celebration. With the combination of rum, pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon they will be a hit with everyone. Do you celebrate Mardi Gras in your home? Have you gone to Mardi Gras in NOLA in the past? If you have leave a comment on your experience. I would love to hear about it.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links’. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
Rich King Cake Bars for Mardi Gras
Cake Bars Ingredients
- 1½ cups butter unsalted, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups flour all-purpose
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ cups pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar light
- ¾ cup butter unsalted, melted
- 1 tbsp rum
- ½ cup flour all-purpose
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp rum
- green sprinkles
- purple sprinkles
- yellow sprinkles
For the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9×10 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and sugar in a bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment.
- Mix to combine on medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low, add in the flour, salt, and lemon juice.
- Mix to combine until a soft dough ball forms.
- Take ⅔ of the dough and press it evenly into the lined pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the crust is a golden brown.
- In a medium bowl add all of the filling ingredients and toss until pecans are evenly covered.
- Remove the bottom crust from the oven once baked, pour the pecan filling on top and spread all over the crust.
- Carefully roll out the remaining 1/3 of the dough and place it on top of the filling.
- Bake until the top layer is a golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow cool to room temperature.
For the Glaze:
- Combine the powdered sugar, rum , milk and vanilla and whisk together until you have a smooth glaze
- Sprinkle all colored sugar on top and enjoy!