Cherry Garcia cheesecakes are not only a pretty addition to your table, but they are tasty too. Who doesn’t enjoy the taste of semi-sweet chocolate with maraschino cherries? I know I do. I can even eat them without the cheesecake. Also, they are perfect for Valentine’s dessert.
This recipe isn’t hard to put together. So don’t let the instructions scare you off. Your guests or family will wonder what bakery you purchased these from. Then you can tell them “I made them myself!”.
Note: These need to sit in the refrigerator overnight, so make sure you allow that time when making them.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Lip Smackin’ Mini Cherry Garcia Cheesecakes Recipe
- 1 Large piping bag fitted with star tip
- 16 Oreo Cookies without filling
- 3 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup butter unsalted, sweet cream, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Maraschino Cherries chopped
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered Sugar
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- 14 maraschino cherries
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Crush the cookies into fine crumbles and pour into a bowl.
- Mix together the melted butter and sugar into the crushed cookies.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the crust into the cupcake liners.
- Using a flat bottom cup, lightly press the crust into a flat disk.
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and salt until combined.
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time until combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and chopped maraschino cherries.
- Scoop about ¼ C of the cheesecake batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake in the oven for 17-21 minutes or until the edges start to turn a light golden brown color and the center is set.
- Allow to cool completely
- Place into the fridge to continue cooling overnight.
- Using a small saucepan, heat up the heavy whipping cream to a slow simmer.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a medium bowl and pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the ganache into the piping and cut the tip off
- Drizzle over the cheesecake and allow the ganache to harden in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Using a large bowl and hand mixer, beat together all ingredients until stiff with peaks.
- Pipe dollops of the whipped cream onto the top of the cheesecakes.
- Top with mini chocolate chips and a maraschino cherry.
Thinking of Having Valentine’s Day Party?
Even though we are still in a pandemic that doesn’t mean you still can’t have a little get-together with family or friends. Another idea is for those that don’t have a significant other getting together to swap stories of their worst dates, or relationships. I know, I know, it sounds silly but you never know what will help others during this “holiday”.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links’. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.