Oreo cannoli pie is a delicious, rich, creamy and super tasteful dessert made from simple ingredients. The best thing about this pie is that it uses graham crackers instead of a pastry crust. Furthermore, the filing is a rich mascarpone filling along with the orange zest. Topped with cool whip, this dessert is decadent and a perfect treat for summer. Here is everything you need to know about this super simple yet scrumptious dessert.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Why is it Called Oreo Cannoli Pie?
Before we move forward, I know the question that comes to your mind. You must be thinking, why is it called the cannoli pie? Maybe it’s because it has cannolis in it (since I have a talent for combining unusual desserts). Well, this time, it is not the cannoli but the filling you generally use to pipe inside them.
I have a special cannoli-filling recipe that is very close to my heart. It is tasteful, rich, creamy, and has an orangy flavor from the orange zest. So, I, thought why not use this filling to create a delicious pie. And that’s how I tried this fantastic recipe!
My Love for Oreo in this Oreo Cannoli Pie
Oreos are not just for enjoying with a glass of milk. There is so much more to them. And you can find that out by following this recipe.
Now I honestly love the person who invented Oreos. I have a deep respect for them! That’s because they are the best cookies ever! Whether you are a kid or an adult, you have to love these. There is no way you can’t love Oreos. They are heavenly. And the best part is you can use them in so many ways. From garnishing to the cracker crust, there is so much you can do with them. And that’s what I did too.
I have used Oreo cookies crumbs without the filling for the pie crust. I mixed them along with graham crackers, butter, and sugar to create a sand-like texture. I pressed it on the bottom of the pan and baked it for a few minutes. Ten minutes of working time, and you will get a delicious, perfect Oreo cookie crust. How cool is that?
The Amazing Mascarpone/Ricotta/Orange filling
This filling is a blast! It is so rich, creamy and the flavors are on the spot. There is so much going on in this filling it will make you fall in love with it.
We have heavy cream, mascarpone, ricotta cheese, and powdered sugar.
The orange zest cuts through the creaminess and brings a slight acidity and citrusy flavor. If that’s not enough, we have chocolate chips and, of course, chopped Oreos. You won’t stop licking your fingers, that’s for sure! When you mix everything, the final product is to die for.
Visit my list of Baking, Cooking, Garden, and Kitchen Appliances favorites here on Amazon.
The end product
Now that you have layered the filling on top of the cooled crust, you can level it and put it in the refrigerator for about 4 hours. Once it is cooled, garnish with more chocolate chips and mini Oreos, and enjoy!
A Tasty Decadent Oreo Cannoli Pie
- 1 large piping bag with large star tip
- 9 inch pie plate
- 1 cup Oreos Crumbs
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 8 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz mascarpone
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh orange zest
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Oreos
- 1 8 oz Cool Whip
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips for topping
- Mini Oreos
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep a pie pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Set aside.
- Using a large bowl, mix together the oreo crumbs, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter until combined and wet sand-like mixture forms.
- Scoop the crust into the pie dish.
- Using the bottom of a glass, press the crumbs into the bottom of the pie pan and up the sides of the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and put on a wire rack until cool.
- Using a large bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks begin to form.
- Set aside.
- Using another bowl, beat the mascarpone and sugar until combined and smooth.
- Beat in the ricotta cheese, orange zest until combined.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips and chopped Oreos.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the oreo mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the prepared crust.
- Spread evenly.
- Put in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Pipe dollops of cool whip or homemade whipped cream using a piping bag with a star tip.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips and mini Oreos on top. & Enjoy!