Whether you celebrate Valentine’s Day or not these chocolate-covered strawberry cookies are the best. It doesn’t have to be a holiday or occasion in order to enjoy this recipe. Others will appreciate you taking the time to make them.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links‘. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Fresh Out of the Oven Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugars until combined and fluffy
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Fold in 1 ¾ C chocolate chips into the dough
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough onto the parchment paper
- Sprinkle some remaining chocolate chips on top
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Remove from oven and cool completely
- Spoon 2 C of the strawberry jam and place into the microwave for 30-45 seconds to heat it up and make it liquid almost
- Using the flavor injector, place the needle into the bowl and pull the knob up on the injector to pull up some strawberry jam
- Poke the side of the cookie and inject the jam into the cookie until the top cracks