This lemon oatmeal cookie recipe is bursting with flavor. The lemon icing is perfect and adds just the right touch of lemon flavor and sweetness. They are perfect with a cup of tea or your favorite drink. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links’. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
Unique Lemon Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- On medium speed, beat in the lemon juice and zest until combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating on low until combined.
- Add the oatmeal and beat until combined.
- Use a small ice cream scoop, scoop out some dough and place the cookies on the cookie sheet.
- Place the 1/3 cup sugar in a small bowl alongside another small bowl filled with water.
- Dip the bottom of a flat glass in the water and then in the sugar.
- Lightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies cool for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack.
- Once cooled, dip the top of the cookies into the icing.
- Place back on the wire rack and allow icing to harden. Enjoy!
Can I Buy Lemon Zest?
You can buy lemon zest in the spice section of your store but it is much cheaper to zest your lemon yourself. I purchased a zester and I have used it multiple times and it has already paid for itself. You can see the one I purchased here. What I love about the one I purchased is it has a plastic shield on the bottom that the zest falls into. Which makes containing it must less messy.
Do I Need to Use a Fresh Lemon?
You do not have to if you only have lemon juice and lemon zest already on hand. If you don’t, again a fresh lemon is much cheaper, especially if you already own a zester. Plus your lemon will have a fresher taste in your cookies.
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.
If you enjoy lemon-flavored desserts you will want to try this Sweet and Zesty Lemon Snowball Cookie Recipe.