These thumbprint cookies are so much fun to make with the kids. I am going to be honest for some reason I thought Easter was on the 14th of this month. I am not sure why when the 14th is a Wednesday. Anyways there is still time to make these fun cookies for Easter.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Fun Thumbprint Cookies for Easter
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 1 cup butter unsalted sweet cream , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg large
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp espresso powder instant
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup Hershey powder dark chocolate
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 package Dove Milk Chocolate Eggs
- 2 cups Sprinkles Easter colors
- 1 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and coffee powder until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and kosher salt.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop the cookie dough into your handand roll into a ball.
- Roll the cookie dough into Easter sprinkles.
- Place onto the cookie sheet.
- Using your thumb, make an indent into the center of the dough.
- Place into the oven and bake for 8 minutes.
- Allow cooling completely.
Chocolate Ganache Directions
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer.
- Pour over the chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl.
- Allow sitting for a minute before whisking until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to sit to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon into the piping bag.
- Fill in the center of the cookie with the ganache.
- Unwrap the Dove chocolate egg and place it into the center of the ganache.
Do I Have to Use Dove Chocolate Eggs for these Thumbprint Cookies?
Just make sure you use a decent type of chocolate. Some non-name brands can have a shortening type mouth feel.
If Cookies for Easter aren’t Your Thing
You can try this Most Delicious Boston Creme Pie Cake.