Minnie Mouse Cupcakes and the Fourth of July is around the corner. For us, it is a perfect holiday to celebrate the independence of our country with traditional BBQ parties and beautiful fireworks with family and friends. I love to have 4th July celebrated with patriotism even though we are not having a full-day party.
I found myself celebrating by offering cute little Minnie Mouse Patriotic Cupcakes to my family, friends, and even neighbors. The base of the cupcakes is perfectly baked red velvet, and the decoration is inspired by our favorite childhood character, Minnie Mouse. I have added a twist of coloring the ears of the Minnie mouse with the American flag. These are adorable and super fun to make and ideal for any 4th of July parties. You will find them not just popular in kids but adults also.
You might be thinking these cupcakes will be hard to make but trust me, even though these take time, making them is very easy and lots of fun.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Ingredients Breakdown for these Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
For Patriotic Sprinkles
- Wilton Red and Blue sprinkle mix: For basic cupcake decoration. It also adds a sugary crunch to the cupcakes.
- Silver star sprinkles mix: it also for basic cupcake decoration and adds an element of crunch.
For Fondant Pieces
- Wilton White, Red, and Blue Fondant: For Minnie Mouse decoration.
- Cans of Silver and Red cake spray: For making a Flag over Minnie Mouse ears and further decoration.
Red Velvet Cupcake
- Red Velvet cake mix: For the cupcake velvet base. It is a hassle-free option and has all dry ingredients incorporated.
- Whole milk: It is used to adjust the consistency of the cake batter.
- Unsalted sweet cream butter: It adds fat to the cake and makes them super moist.
- Eggs: It works as a rising agent and also gives body to the batter.
For Vanilla frosting
- Sweet cream butter: For making frosting.
- Sugar: It adds sweetness to the frosting.
- Vanilla extract: It enhances the flavor.
- Whipping cream: It adds body to the frosting and makes it manageable.
Kitchen Utensils and Appliances to Use
- Stand mixer: For making the cake batter. You can also use a hand mixer or a whisk.
- Star stencil: For making patriotic stars on Minnie’s ear.
- Stripe stencil: For making patriotic Flag stripes on Minnie’s ear.
- One- 2 in round fondant cutter: For cutting the fondant evenly in a circle.
- Rolling pin: For rolling out the fondant.
- Wilton Bow Silicone Mold: For making decorative fondant bows for Minnie mouse.
- Cookie sheet with silicone mat: For working with the fondant.
- Large piping bag with a star tip: For the basic cupcake decoration with vanilla frosting.
- Medium ice cream scooper: For scooping out the frosting. It also can be used for scooping cupcake batter.
How to Store the Minnie Mouse Patriotic Cupcakes
If you have any leftovers, do not worrying! Just cover the cupcakes and store them at room temperature for a day. If the weather is too hot, then refrigerate them for 2 to 3 days. But make sure to cover them; otherwise, the fondant and the frosting will become hard and lumpy.
Fourth of July Spectacular Minnie Mouse Cupcakes
- 1- 2" round fondant cutter
- 1- stripe stencil
- 1- star stencil
- 1- can red cake spray
- 1- can silver cake spray
- 1- Rolling pin
- 1-Wilton Bow Silicone Mold
- 1- cookie sheet with silicone mat
- 1 large piping bag with a star tip
- 1 -medium ice cream scooper
- 1 package Wilton Red sprinkle mix
- 1 package Wilton Blue sprinkle mix
- 1 package Silver star sprinkle mix
- 1 package Wilton White Fondant
- package Wilton Blue Fondant
- 1 package Wilton Red Fondant
Red Velvet Cupcake
- Sprinkle some cornstarch onto the cutting board
- Remove the white fondant from the package and knead onto the cutting board to make the fondant soft and workable.
- Sprinkle some more cornstarch onto the cutting board and roll the fondant into ¼ inch thick.
- Using the round fondant cutter, cut out 20 round circles.
- Place them onto the cookie sheet.
- Work the blue fondant to be able to roll out into ¼ in thick.
- Use the round fondant cutter, cut out 20 round circles.
- Place onto the cookie sheet to dry overnight.
- Using the red fondant, pinch off about 1tbps of fondant and press it into the medium bow mold.
- Carefully remove the bow from the mold and place onto the cookie sheet to dry overnight.
- Make about 20 bows just to be safe.
Next Day :
- Using the silver cake spray, lightly spray the bows.
- Place the star stencil on top of the blue circles and lightly spray the silver to leave a star design on the circles.
- Place the stripe stencil on top of the white circles and lightly spray the red to leave a stripe design on the circles.
- Allow to dry.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with liners
- Using a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, milk, butter and eggs until combined and smooth.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ way full.
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until combined, smooth and stiff.
- Scoop 2 cups of the frosting into the piping bag.
- Using the ice cream scooper, scoop frosting into the scooper and top the cupcakes with the frosting.
- Using a butterknife, gently spread the frosting into a thick round disk.
- Roll the frosted cupcake into the sprinkles.
- Set aside and complete steps with remaining cupcakes.
- Using the piping bag, pipe a dollop of the frosting into the center of the cupcakes.
- Place the bow into the center of the frosting.
- Gently place the blue circle on the left side of the ear.
- Gently place the red circle on the right side of the ear.
Visit my list of Baking, Cooking, Garden, and Kitchen Appliances favorites here on Amazon.