There is just something about Boston Creme Pie. I am not sure if it is the combination of the chocolate and creme filling or the ease of making it. Possibly it is the 2 things together. Boston creme “pie” is really a sponge cake. It is named because it turns out as light and fluffy as a sponge. The cake includes two layers filled with a creamy vanilla-flavored custard and topped with rich chocolate icing. Can you say yum? I know I can.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links‘. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
The Most Delicious Boston Creme Pie Cake
If you like this recipe, you may enjoy my Never Inappropriate Mixed Berry Cobbler.
Fun Boston Creme Pie Facts
- The Boston Cream Pie was first made by Armenian-French chef M. Sanzian while working at Boston’s Parker House Hotel in 1856.
- Even though it is called a pie, it is actually a cake and not a pie. Confusing right?
- A Boston cream doughnut is a name for a donut filled with vanilla custard and topped with icing made from chocolate. These normally come as a round-filled donut or as an eclair.
- This donut was chosen as the official donut of Massachusetts in 2003.
- The Boston Creme Pie was proclaimed the official Massachusetts State Dessert on December 12, 1996.
- The largest Boston Creme Pie in the world was made in 2010 by culinary students at Southern New Hampshire University. The Boston Creme Pie measured 10 ft wide 1.5 ft high and weighed over a generous 1 ton. Could you even imagine the ingredients it took to make this? I know I can’t
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.