What thought comes to mind when you think of Patriotic Blondies? Looking for an amazing way to celebrate your love for your country on the Fourth of July? How about taking a break from chocolate and trying these utterly divine patriotic blondies?
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
What are Patriotic Blondies?
Well, if you have heard the name for the first time, don’t under any circumstance think eating these blondies will make you more patriotic! The name is just a way to celebrate your patriotism with desserts and sweets. And if you are a huge sweet tooth, you have to have a special dessert for every occasion. Where Christmas and Easter are pretty important, why not make something yum for the fourth of July as well?
So, a patriotic blondie is a blondie that uses beautiful colors to represent the day. It is quite a simple recipe, but the true charm lies in the representation and colors. Don’t think we are going to use food colors for this recipe. The ingredients we are using are super fun, interesting, and delicious.
Here is everything you need for this delicious patriotic blondie recipe:
- Flour: No blondie can be made without flour. Where some people like to use gluten-free flour, I prefer sticking to the basics, i.e., all-purpose flour.
- Cream butter: For those who don’t know what cream butter is, it is softened butter. Cream butter and made from butter and sugar. Sugar makes the butter turn creamy, and as a result, it is sweet as well.
- Brown sugar: Light brown sugar is perfect for this blondie recipe. Light brown sugar is responsible for the lighter color of the blondie. You can also use dark brown sugar, but the flavor will be deep, and the color will be darker.
- Sugar: White sugar is enough for adding more sweetness to the blondie. If you want your blondie to be less sweet, you can reduce the quantity of white sugar.
- Egg: Whole eggs work just fine for this recipe. However, make sure they are at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract: pure vanilla extract is the main ingredient of a blondie.
- Baking soda: Adding a little baking soda gives the final product a unique texture.
- Baking powder: You can’t bake a blondie without baking powder, can you?
- Kosher salt: A little salt brings out the flavor’.
Assembly of These Yummy Patriotic Brownies
Once you have compiled the blondie ingredients, the process doesn’t stop here. It’s time to turn a blondie into a patriotic blondie. For this, you will need to fold the following ingredients into the blondie batter gently:
- M&M’s: Thanks to the M&M developers, we get so many amazing colors. Everyone loves M&M’s. and adding these to the blondies brings so much flavor and fun. Add the colors like blue, red, and white to deliver the message.
- Oreos: Chopped Oreos in a blondie is heavenly. Trust me! They bring in texture and flavor. Your tastebuds and brain will explode with the variety of textures and flavors with this one.
P.S.: If you don’t know what a blondie is, it is a brownie without cocoa powder. You can call it a brownie’s cousin.
Easy to Make, Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Blondies
- Preheat the oven and spray a 9×13 baking dish with pam baking spray.
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg and vanilla until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
- Fold in ¾ C M & Ms and chocolate chips.