Try the best French Vanilla Cupcakes if you are looking for another dessert idea for Easter this year. They will be a hit with the kids and adults alike. If you find the malt type Easter egg flavored candies aren’t a favorite you can always switch them out for another type. There are so many kinds to choose from.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Easter is always a special day for many families. Depending on the people, it is a time of gathering at church and afterward together as a family. Other families may get together mid-afternoon for time together with friends and family. There possibly is fishing involved depending on the time of year Easter falls on, at least there was with our family.
Desserts are always plenty. Did you ever make one of those coconut-type rabbits? Where you would make 2 or 3 circle type cakes then cut out the pieces that would resemble a rabbit’s head and shoulders? You can see what I am talking about here. Between the desserts and the Pistachio Fluff salad that Grandma would make it seemed like everyone would overeat just like Thanksgiving.
The great thing about cupcakes is that the kids can enjoy one and not overeat. Or you can even cut them in half. That way they can eat half after dinner, the other half later.
What Do I Need to Make these French Vanilla Cupcakes?
For the cupcakes themselves, you will need a boxed mix. This cuts down on time and on ingredients, you will need.
- 1 box of french vanilla cake mix cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C whole milk
Ingredients for the frosting:
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6-10 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 2 large piping bags with a wide star tip
- 1 – 8oz bag of easter shimmery whopper eggs, divided
- 1 package of Wilton Easter Bunny icing transfer
The Best French Vanilla Cupcakes Easter
- 2 large piping bag with wide star tip
- 1 package of wilton easter bunny icing transfer
French Vanilla cupcakes Ingredients
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs large, room temperature
- ½ cup butter softened unsalted sweet cream
- 1 cup milk whole
- 2 cups butter unsalted, sweet cream, softened
- 4 cups powered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 6-10 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz whopper eggs Easter, shimmery, divided
French Vanilla Cupcake Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Using a large bowl, beat until combined the cake mix, eggs, milk and butter.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ full.
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes or until the tops are lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely on the counter before frosting.
- Using a ziplock bag, crush up half of the whopper eggs.
- Using a stand mixer, combine the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form .
- Scoop half of the vanilla frosting into 1 piping bag.
- Beat the crushed whopper eggs into the remaining icing.
- Scoop into the second piping bag.
Decorating the cupcakes Instructions
- Using the vanilla piping bag, pipe a ring of frosting around the top of the cupcake.
- Using the whopper frosting piping bag, pipe a dollop of frosting on top of the vanilla frosting.
- Place a few shimmery easter whopper eggs on top and place the bunny icing transfer next to the eggs.