Pumpkin Spice bars are so delicious. If that isn’t enough it comes with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting to put on top. My grandma used to make the BEST pumpkin bars. I always enjoy this type of dessert when it comes to the cream cheese frosting. Whether it is a spice, apple, or carrot cake they are all better because of the frosting added on.
Disclosure: Amazon & Walmart links may be incorporated into the post. If clicked I may receive a small commission from your purchase.
The Pumpkin Spice Craze
Years ago you would have never realized how many things would now come in the pumpkin spice flavor. But it seems everyone has jumped on the bandwagon in the past few years. Pumpkin pie obviously is the original of the pumpkin items.
Starbucks was one of the first to offer its Pumpkin Latte for a seasonal drink. Then all of the sudden pumpkin flavors of everything showed up. Just like another favorite drink, the pumpkin spice milkshake. For the beer lovers, there is pumpkin flavored ale. Years ago Samuel Adams came out with their Pumpkin Ale for beer drinkers that enjoy specialty beers. Then it seemed instantly many others followed suit. There are other desserts like Pumpkin Spice Madeleines, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, Pumpkin Scones, and a favorite, Pumpkin Bread.
It seems like every year the pumpkin-flavored items come out earlier and earlier. Just like pumpkin creamer this year showed up during August I think. Some LOVE pumpkin spiced items, where others, not so much. But if you are a pumpkin spice lover, this recipe will be perfect for you.
Pumpkin Spice Bars with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Spice Bars Ingredients
Pumpkin Spice Bars Directions:
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Using a large bowl, whisk together until combined the flour, cinnamon ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt.
3. Using a medium bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
4. Gradually beat in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Scoop the batter into the baking pan.
6. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow cooling completely
- Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- 1. Using a standing mixer, cream together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, and heavy whipping cream until combined and creamy.
- Spread the frosting over the bars
Sprinkle some cinnamon over the frosting.
Cut and Enjoy!