Pumpkin Spiced Snowball Cookies are a neat spin on the holiday snowball cookies my grandma used to make. She called them “snowball cookies” but they are also referred to as Russian Teacakes. You can also check out my Christmas Kiss Surprise Snowball Recipe here.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are ‘affiliate links’. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission.
The Wonderful Thing About These Pumpkin Spiced Snowballs
Normally we think of Snowball cookies as Christmas (Holiday) cookies. With these spiced snowballs, you will find they work for Thanksgiving, for those that do not love pies. They also compliment your Christmas array of cookies for something a bit different. They would make a festive cookie platter with Snowball cookies that have M&Ms, or Chocolate Chips inside, as well as ones with Hershey Kisses in the middle. Your snowball cookie platter will be the hit of the party.
Pumpkin Spiced Snowball Cookies Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the butter and powdered sugar, and vanilla until combined and fluffy.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until a dough forms.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop some dough into the palm of your hand and roll into a ball.
- Place onto the cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all the dough has been rolled into a ball.
- Bake in the oven for 8-9 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 C powdered sugar and 2 tbsp ground cinnamon.
- Working with one cookie at a time, roll the cookie into the powdered sugar.
- Place onto a wire rack.
- Repeat steps with remaining cookies.
- Once all cookies have been rolled in the sugar, repeat again for a nice coating of powdered sugar.
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.