Cherry cola cookie sandwiches are chewy, decadent cookie sandwiches filled with rich and luscious cherry vanilla frosting. The cookies are easy to make and are a perfect treat for every occasion.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Desserts are not all about cakes and pies. There are several other desserts that serve as great snacks as well. For instance, we have cookies that you can enjoy any time of the day, especially with tea or a glass of milk. Then we have macaroons which are so amazing. The meringue with delicious buttercream in between is yummy. And how can I forget cookie sandwiches? Ahhh, they are just perfect for those who have a huge sweet tooth as I do.
Cookie sandwiches are super easy to make. You just need standard cookies and a delicious filling. These are simple yet enjoyable.
Why Should You Make Cookie Sandwiches?
I am a big fan of cookie sandwiches. Here is why:
- They are very easy to make. You can turn any cookie into a sandwich. There is a huge room for creativity here, which I absolutely love about it.
- Cookie sandwiches are great for parties. You can serve them for birthday parties, beach parties, Sunday brunches, holiday parties, and even baby showers and gender reveals.
- These are delicious. The chewy yet soft cookies, along with the tasteful cream filling, are a great combination.
What are Cherry Cola Cookie Sandwiches?
My favorite recipe for cookie sandwiches involves chocolate and cherries. The two pair so well together. I call these cherry cola cookies, but not because I use cola in this recipe. I call these cookie sandwiches cherry cola cookies not because I use cherry cola as an ingredient but because of the colors. The cookies have a beautiful dark brown chocolaty color, whereas the filling has a beautiful pink, reddish color. The contrast of brown and reddish pink is so appealing and attractive. You simply can’t resist.
How to Make Cherry Vanilla Frosting?
The hero of this sandwich cookie recipe is the cherry vanilla frosting. It is made with cream butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extracts, and maraschino cherries. Maraschino cherries are preserved cherries that are very sweet. They have a beautiful color that spreads all across the filling. Also, when you pipe the filling, small bits of the chopped cherries are seen in the filling. The burst of flavor you get is divine.
How to Store Cherry Cola Cookie Sandwiches?
You have to store these like you store any other cookies, i.e., in an air-tight container. However, you need to be careful that you select a dry and cool place for these. that’s because of the frosting, which can melt away. So, to avoid mess, you can also store them in the refrigerator. I prefer you place them on the dining table so everyone can enjoy these while passing by. These are perfect snacks!
Try this amazingly delicious and beautiful cherry cola cookie recipe! To add more fun, add a sprinkle on the sides to coat the peaking frosting. These cookie sandwiches will steal everyone’s heart!
1985’s Cherry Cola Cookie Sandwiches
- Large piping bag fitted with star tip
- 2 large cookie sheets
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together in a large bowl the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Using another large bowl, beat together the sugars and butter until fluffy and combined.
- Beat in the egg, water and vanilla until combined .
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until dough forms.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheets and bake for 5-8 minutes or until the tops are set.
- Allow to cool completely.
Cherry Vanilla Frosting Instructions
- Using a standing mixer, combine all ingredients and mix together until still, creamy peaks form.
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag.
- Pair up the cookies to their size mates.
- Frost the bottom cookie and then place the top one on top to create the sandwich.