Who is ready for this mixed berry cobbler? There is never an inappropriate time to enjoy this deliciousness. I won’t tell if you have it for breakfast, I promise. Blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries make up the mixed berries in this cobbler.
Before I had this recipe the best cobbler I had was made by a very nice lady down near Virginia Beach. I never asked for her recipe as I was afraid it might be a family secret. Now you can make it yourself with the recipe below.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Amazon & Walmart affiliate links are most often used.
Never Innapropriate Mixed Berry Cobbler
- 1½ cups blackberries
- 1½ cups strawberries sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¾ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups flour all-pourpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter unsalted, room temperature
- 1 ½ cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- lemon juice enough to cover your berries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9”x 6” baking dish with non-stick baking spray .
- In a large bowl add the berries.
- Drizzle the berries with lemon juice.
- Toss to combine.
- Add the cornstarch to the berries and toss to combine.
- Allow the berries to marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until well-blended.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles little crumbs.
- Pour the berries into the baking dish.
- Drop the dough evenly on top of the berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.