It has become the time of year for all things Autumn, Fall Harvest. Whether it is pumpkins, apples, spices, and warm cozy feelings. There is something about the leaves in New York changing during September and into October that just says fall to me.
Disclosure: Amazon & Walmart links may be incorporated into the post. If clicked I may receive a small commission from your purchase.
What Will I Need to Make These Fall Harvest Cookies?
To make these sweet cookies you will need to have:
- unsalted butter softened
- light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- baking soda
- kosher salt
- chocolate chunks
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- Pumpkin Spice M&M’s
Fall/Autumn Have Two Names But Why?
The Anglo-Saxons marked the passage of time fifteen hundred years ago with only one season-winter. It was a thought considered equal to the hard times of adversity that represented the full year altogether. Winter probably comes from a root word meaning “wet” that goes back to more than 5,000 years ago.
Prior to autumn and fall, it was harvest. The modern names of winter and summer have been around for more than 1,000 years, the names of fall and spring are more recent—and less constant. This is partly because the two seasons were long viewed as secondary to summer and winter.
Americans call Autumn “Fall“– because that’s the season in which leaves (of many species of trees found in Continental USA and some parts of North America and Europe fall).
Are These Cookies Hard to Make?
No they are not hard to make at all. If you can make chocolate chip cookies, you can make these. They are perfect for the Fall season.
Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Now, using a large bowl you will whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Using another large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until combined.
Gradually beat in the flour ingredients until combined and a soft dough forms. Make sure to fold in the chocolate chunks, chocolate chips, and pumpkin spice M&Ms. Using a medium ice cream scooper, and scoop cookie dough onto your cookie sheets.
Bake in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before enjoying!
Fall Harvest Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg until combined
- Gradually beat in the flour ingredients until combined and a soft dough forms
- Fold in the chocolate chunks, chocolate chips, and pumpkin spice M&Ms
- Using a medium ice cream scooper, scoop cookie dough onto the cookie sheets
- Bake in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before enjoying!
To Keep Up to Date with any New Recipes Follow our Facebook page here: Before & After Lunch Recipes.